...which I spent alone in my flat! YEAAAAH.
Hahaha...now, don't get ahead of yourselves. I was invited to go out, and I did want to, but I had to keep my head in order.
First of all, I really wanted to sleep in because I've been absolutely exhausted, as my previous post has suggested. I got a beautiful 8.5 hours of sleep in by waking up at 9am instead of 7am!
Second of all, I had to get on this building-my-future-career business. So I sat in and updated my resume, then searched for open jobs and applied for two. I know that's not that many, but there aren't very many companies looking for non-senior-level employees. At least i have my resume and a general cover letter done, so now it's all about changing them up a bit according to the specific positions and just crossing my fingers.
Travel planning didn't get very far, but that's okay. The job applying was really hanging over my head, and I'm glad that I have a bit of a start on it.
Other than that, I don't think I wanted to join in on the drunken merry-making today. I did that all in Boston last year - saw the parade and went out for my green beer. I think that's good enough, actually. Here, even though people from all over the world come to participate in the festivities, I do wonder how much really goes into honouring St. Patrick. The man brought Christianity to Ireland; Christianity was Ireland most influential contribution to Europe (I forgot the era, my apologies). I don't know...it all just seems a bit skewed. Funny how so much of your attitude can change in a year, eh?
Anyway, but I can't deny that today was really pretty. I can't say it was gorgeous because of the slight chill that kept breezing by, but it was pretty. I went out for a walk in the park to get some fresh air, did my quiet times, and then walked around praying and thinking. It was nice to be able to just relax and do that, without having to rush back to make dinner, or to finish an assignment and get to class, or to go to sleep for work the next day. Granted, I still have to do that tonight and the next few days, but the smallest lull in that routine can sometimes be all that you need.
I also went out for a little run later, and ooohh...I can feel the effects of my nonstop eating. I think I'm becoming a glutton lately. All I can think about is the next meal. I have a feeling that it might be because I see meals as time markers of some sort that help time pass by. This especially helps at work, when I'm looking constantly at the clock and wondering when I should take my lunch. This is a huge thing because if I eat my lunch too early, then time goes by a lot more slowly. I have to eat it at just the right time so that I don't snack too much, and that my day can be split up just the right way.
I'm weird, I know.
So now, a play to read!
By the way, press on Monday was terrifying. I barely spoke because everyone was so tense. I thought it would be exciting, but it was just scary. I just cowered in my corner and did my thing as everyone stressed out to get all the PDFs signed off on time. It did allow me to do some more of my own thing, though I was dreadfully distracted!
Anyway, enjoy your St. Patrick's day, but do remember who the guy really was.