Monday, March 23, 2009

Bum, Bum Bum Bum

Second day taking off work because of this dumb headache.

On Wednesday, I realized that I was feeling awful and asked if I could get off work early. I left at around 12:15pm. Lisa told me to just let her know if I need Thursday off as well, and I didn't think I would need it; I just took off early because I was thinking I needed a bit more rest for class later that night. I didn't go to class, either.

Then Thursday I woke up and realized I should probably try to work at home. It was minimally successful, but I think not having to stay in that poorly ventilated office helped. I love going in, but I do hate that room to pieces.

Friday was a blessing with that guest lecturer who only kept us in for about an hour. I think it could have potentially gone longer, but she had told us of an accident she had that morning, and she DID look all bruised in the face. I have a feeling that we were all too worried that she was going to faint and wanted her to go to the hospital ASAP.

The weekend was great. Going to Downhill for the day to see a tranquil tourist location. It's not actually much. Just a ruined building and a round temple, but there was a really nice serenity to the surroundings; it was a relief from all those tourist-y places that have been filling my life thus far. I just wish it were a little less windy.


My house, after it's restored!


But to be fair, we had a lot of blue sky:




Then after chilling out at the house for a bit, we went to catch the sunset at White Rocks beach, where Alan made me climb a sand dune. AND made me go all the way down. Slowest descent ever, as he says, but I don't want to die!




On top of the sand dune!





We went to Morelli's for some ice cream. It's apparently a tourist attraction for their ice cream creations. HA. Have they ever seen Coldstone's?! If they're all crazy about that place, they would absolutely freak out when they see Coldstone's, or even J.P. Lick's! I miss J.P. Lick's. =(

Then my headache got worse on Sunday. Medicine had helped me so that I could do all that on Saturday, but on Sunday, I just wanted to lie around. Blaaah. Traveling on the bus did not help too much, either.

So here I am, in the room like a bum. I need to get off the computer some time and let my head rest, I think. Maybe I can go out for a walk to get some fresh air. I haven't properly exercised in almost a week because of time and my health. At least I got some walks and uphill climbs/hikes in, but I know it's not nearly enough, especially with the glutton I am becoming. =)