Monday, March 2, 2009

Quick quick quick

I'm going to fly through this post because I now know that time will be of absolute essence in the coming weeks.

SATURDAY
1) Bush Mills Distillery
2) Hang out with James and Gail, playing Guitar Hero and Articulate

SUNDAY
1) Church
2) Lazy afternoon, then to Belfast to get back to Dublin
3) Lucky that my buses weren't on strike
4) Book London hotel

MONDAY (Today)
1) Leave at 8:05 a.m. for internship
2) Arrive at work at 10:15 a.m. - Oh yeah, gotta love that 2+ hour commute
3) Hang out in the city since I was let off early!
4) Queen of Tarts
5) Skype with the parents to figure out TRAVEL PLANS!
6) Research travel
7) Little bits and bobs


The day was really chill. My boss, Lisa, is incredible chill even though she seems to have a million things to do. I love it how she shows up in a loose shirt and boots and jeans. That means I can pretty much wear whatever I want and be completely comfortable with it. I met Ray in the office, and he's nice, and new like me! So I do get along with them a lot. I can swear that they're English because their accents are completely different. But they support Ireland in Rugby? Confusion up the wazoo.

Didn't do anything really exciting at work today. I just did some word editing and some data entry into an Excel spreadsheet. Well, now I can at least say that I'm getting more practice and experience with Excel. I spent a lot of time trying to make it look nice - you know the aesthetic look is kinda important. Not really. No one really sees it.

Anyway, so how about that commute? It's not so bad, I guess. I do get some serious reading in, but it's unfortunate that my free time in daylight is basically robbed. Oh sun, please begin rising earlier and setting later. Pretend it's the summer and it'll all be grand.

I'm aiming to sleep before midnight and wake up at 6:30 a.m. to go for a run. Maybe it won't be too dark or too cold! One can be optimistic.

Looks like these next few weeks are going to fly by. I think I do have something booked for basically every weekend!

Ohh...time's a-tickin' away!

But I'll leave you with this beautiful sunrise I woke up to this morning!