Saturday, March 14, 2009

OHH....A Weekend Post!

Apologies for being MIA. You've probably guessed that this more routine--and more filled--schedule with an internship and class has really begun to get to me. It's nice; it makes the days pass by pretty quickly, which is both good and bad.

The rest of the week was a lot, lot better, suffice it to say. I got to work in good time, but began stopping by Mark and Spencer to pick up my lunch. So this week's lunches were vastly better than last week's. I've also bought some biscuits, tea and coffee for the office so that I could somehow manage to stay awake; I've found that walking outside from time to time also helps.

But...I think I'll have to remember blogging my blunders. It seems as if every day I have a couple. You know, I was resigned to being a klutz, but I didn't know I was this much of one!

I've forgotten many throughout the week, but yesterday will be a good enough example, all taking place at the National Library.

1) Butterfingers
When we began our tour, we all had a bunch of readings that our lecturer just handed out to us for next Friday's readings. I had also snagged some National Library brochures as souvenirs (no, I'm not sure if I'll remember to keep them), so I didn't want to risk dropping anything. It seemed like a stiff enough stack to just shove the entire thing in at once, and I tried that. I got some in, but there was a point when I thought, "This isn't gonna work, Ingrina. Just let them go because they're going to fall." And I let go/dropped all the papers. A bit of a scene...

2) Bumper Purse
When we walked from case to case during the tour, we had to crowd around our tour guide. There was one very narrow hallway, and I realized that I could move in a little bit more to give other people seeing room. So I did, and on my way, my purse knocked against one of the exhibition cases. Our tour guide had told us earlier on that if you knocked too hard against the case, an alarm resembling the obnoxious car alarms of Ireland will sound off. There was nothing immediate, so I breathed a bit. And then...woo hee woo hee woo hee. BAH. Then the lecturer asked if that was me. He didn't make me feel bad, but the alarm went on as a reminder for about 10 minutes before they turned it off and everyone's ears breathed a huge sigh of relief.

3) Chirping Mobile
As if the first two blunders were not enough, during the tour we all heard this bird chirping noise. It was soft, but we could all definitely hear that it wasn't part of the general ambiance. Our guide stopped and said, "Is that someone's phone?" My lecturer said, "Yeah, it's sounds like birds chirping." No one said it, and then the thought occurred to me that my phone had that ring tone. You see, it was the American phone I brought to the US that I was(am) temporarily using because I need to charge the Irish phone. I don't remember the ringtone, and I remember that I had to be a bit startled by it before in London.

But the first two blunders were already enough for me so I didn't admit to it, knowing it was too soft for anyone to be trace it to me. I later checked, and yes...I had a missed call. I think it was my boss. WHY. No one EVER calls me!!!


After the class departed everything got loads better. The security guy talked to me about Korean/Chinese food in Ireland, and I had a good mocha and scone in the cafe. I also walked around Temple Bar and realized how many cute cafes I had been avoiding (yes! I shall try you!), and then looked through a portrait gallery. =)

Oh, another blunder could be added: When I went to Tesco to buy groceries, I stopped in to see if I could find some clothes to buy. I do need a new wardrobe, me thinks. After 45 minutes, I just failed. Everything either didn't look right or was too expensive to entice me into buying.

But, my dinner was delicious! And I have Nutella! And jam!

Annnnd...my boy is here for the weekend. Pleasantville was a good movie. =)


By the way, a side note before I'm off: My life is consumed by travel research. I research upcoming events, places to go, etc etc for travellers on Aer Lingus flights during the day, and when I come home, I continue for my parents' trip, and then soon will be my and Alan's trip.

It's fun, but...now every place has begun blurry in my brain...