Monday, March 9, 2009

An Eeyore Type of Day

Terrible day. Where shall I begin?

08.30 - It was nice to be able to sleep a little longer to try the new route. I knew I'd be late, but Garrett insisted that I try that route.
09.30 - It took about an hour to get to the Clontarf DART station, though I was assured it would take 15-20 minutes for a bus to travel 3 miles.
09.44 - Pulled into Connolly Station from Clontarf, and find out that something happened at Lansdowne, which shut the services down. Had to get out and walk the half mile to the 46a bus stop. I did stop along the way to fetch some tea and coffee biscuits, coffee, and my lunch.
10.00 - Bus finally came. I fell going up the stairs...embarrassing...
11.00 (ish) - arrived at work, realized I forgot my work pass... And got no reading done because the sun shining in my face made me tired.
Some time around lunch - figured out I lost my hat. Must have dropped it from the bus stop at Baker's Corner.
And I figured out that my biscuits just crumbled and were useless. BLAH.

17.00 - off work, but waited 20 minutes for the bus, while seeing three other 46a buses going the opposite direction during that period of time. Oh yes, and it was...you guessed it! IT WAS RAINING.
18.03 - Finally arrived at Connolly, rush to the bus stop
after 18.30 - Arrived at DCU, walked back briskly in the rain.
close to 20.00 - close to a little snappy with everyone


Bad day.

But i'll get through it. I just need to hang tough for six more weeks...I guess I'll be quite a traveler by the end of this!