I apologize for the brief hiatus! A million things have been happening, and I have a million things to do nowadays. And now I have a million thoughts to share! Let's see how much I can write in these last 15 minutes of "Project Runway" before I run over to the library to print things and borrow a book.
I went on a run today, and it was terrible. Something is stuffed up in my head and a massive headache attacked me, so I just took it a little easy.
Although this may be irrational, I am going to blame all the cigarette smoke and its residue I've been breathing in throughout my time here. I'm pretty sure I noticed it right away when I got here, but lately, I feel like I'm been swimming in either smoke itself or its odor. My boss smokes, the people I sit next to in the bus and train smoke, the people I run or walk past smoke, etc etc. EVERYONE.
So while I'm at it, I'll also blame my headaches on that as well. I definitely start feeling a bit more woozy when my boss comes in after a smoke.
IRELAND IS GOING TO BREED SOME FATAL DISEASE IN ME. I can feel it.
Hmm...I've noticed that gel/liquid products have a more watery quality to them. GASP. Do you think...maybe Ireland adds water to their products to make more of a profit?!
I'd totally believe it.
I was thinking that I wanted a blog that had a purpose. This one's purpose is obviously just a record of some things I feel and update on during this semester. The idea came to me that it would be fun to do a blog commenting on advertisements - ones that work and ones that don't. I thought of this when I saw this annoying advertisement on one of the Dublin buses. I'm not even sure what it was for, which goes to show how effective it really was in the end. It just said, "Who you gonna call?" And I've seen this ad before, and still, no matter how many times I actually look to see the real company, I just remember, "GHOSTBUSTERS!" Now, see, how good is an advertising department like that? All I'm going to really remember coming out of Dublin is, "Ghostbusterssss."
Of course, I might get into some legal issues with this desire.
Hm...what is another...another...another...
At work today I helped the accounting lady out with Excel on Mac. It was...too funny, too pathetic. I told her that the title bar icons were on the left side on Macs, and I showed her. But she kept going to the right and consequently kept hiding and un-hiding the menu bar. I should have a job. It'd be a job!
I miss America. I do. I am not totally loving the Irish culture, by the way, but I have absolutely no regret in coming here. I've had great times up north, and I'm so glad I have had an abroad experience. I think BU has killed Dublin and Irish culture for me, though. That's what I'll be taking away, thanks, BU.
Hm...BU and Ireland remind me of each other. Always trying to get to the top. Always looked down upon by the biggies nearby and yet constantly trying to prove that it's just as good or better.
Keep trying, BU. Keep trying, Ireland. You've got a ways to go. Because frankly, the UK is so much cooler, and Harvard and MIT are way out of your league.
I'm sleepy, but I'm not grumpy, I assure you.