Headache from the cold today, I think.
I took a walk into the city today and spent a few hours in two cafes. Going into the city was something I just needed to do to stay sane. I feel a lot better than I have been the last few days, so I thought I would write while I'm in a better mood. Also, I am trying to keep myself occupied so I can wait patiently for dinner.
History of Ireland is finally done! I can't claim that the essays went incredibly well - my second one stank in its organisation. It doesn't matter though, I'm done! I'm done! I'M DONE!
Well, not exactly, but one class down is enough to warrant a good little "hurrah!" for the time being.
I am a bit nervous about tomorrow's final in sociology. The material is not as appealing to look over, which means I will be doing a lot of bits and bobs of procrastinating tonight. =)
My walk into the city felt good, but it was quite a teary one, as I was walking against the wind, which was blowing dirt into my sensitive eyes (hard contacts - egh). There was one moment I had to stop for a long time because something was stuck in my eye. I couldn't keep my eye open because it was in so much pain. I got all snot-nosed and had to backtrack into a Tesco to buy some 92 cent tissues. It's a worthy investment, I believe, but the experience was definitely not fun. It probably looked like I had just broken up with my boyfriend or something as I was walking down the street frantically wiping away tears.
I failed at my first attempt at finding a nice cafe. I went to the Winding Stair restaurant, thinking that I could sit down for a bit to sip coffee and enjoy a scone. They sent me away, telling me it was a full restaurant. Buggers.
So I went close by to Coffee Society, which wasn't a terrible place. It was really cute...only it was filled with teeny-boppers in the back. WHY WHY WHY I chose to sit by them, I have no idea. It wasn't bad, though. I could still write and do my reading, but then I had also chosen a spot where I kept getting a cold draft of wind and cigarette smoke. You can only second-hand smoke for so long, so I went to the cafe in Eason. I felt a bit bad for not purchasing anything and just using their facilities, but ah well. I was not about to dish out more money for another cup of coffee or tea.
But! I did buy a sketchbook that was half off! 3 euro! I will be using it for my devotions since the one I am currently using is finally running out of pages.
Ohhh...that trip into the city did me a lot of good. I could feel it as I was walking back to the bus. I felt lighter and not as moody. The only scary thing was the bus ride back, when every Gardai car and Ambulance followed the route our bus was taking. Since DCU is not by the safest town (next door, we're not in the dangerous part), I kept thinking something happened near campus, and being alone, I had an increased chance of dying.
Silly thoughts, I know. But things like that sometimes just flash through your mind.
Anyway, I suppose I'd better eat or commence the studying.
Soon, it will be spring break, which means up to the north and then Paris!