Definitely in a strange mood today, a very long today.
Finished my Sociology paper about Irish stereotypes in film, so I am functioning on about 3.5 hours of sleep right now. I've been in a funny mood all day, fluctuating between a wide range of emotions and moods. It did not help that both classes were painfully long and pointless, which has been the recent trend in the past few lectures. I have stopped taking notes in my notebook, and have begun to doodle-drawing fruits and a pen, playing with fonts, writing song lyrics and poem lines over and over.
My ankle has some sort of tendonitis or stress factor, I think. There's a pain that shoots through my achilles' heel whenever I put weight on it. So I put off running for today, and will see how it treats me in the next few days.
There's really not all that much to say for today, mainly because I'm not feeling very up with it. I remember thinking a few things after my history lecture today, though. Irish history still confuses me and frustrates me. Apparently Churchill offered the six counties of Northern Ireland back to the Republic if Ireland would join WWII on Britain's side. I understand that Ireland was war-weary and did not trust the British, but I think that Churchill would have upheld his end of the deal. It seemed as though the UK was getting ready to let Ireland go anyway.
So Ireland stayed neutral, and did not have to lose the amount of soldiers that many other countries did during that war, but was it all for the better? It was only 30 years later, after all, when the country experienced "The Troubles" because of the separation that it refused. I wonder, whether joining forces with Britain would have been better in the long-run. But who can really tell with the IRA still alive and kicking violently? I am always so caught in these impossible situations in Irish history.
But I did watch "Taxi Driver" to just veg a bit and relax. I think tomorrow I might just watch another to keep my mind a little sane.
I just want tomorrow to be over so I can spend some good time in the city, away from this suffocating campus. I'm looking forward to some personal time walking around and sitting in a cafe as I read a book. I do have to think about laundry and studying for quizzes and finals, but that will eventually come. I finally have a weekend in Dublin, and I'll definitely take full advantage of it!
And, of course, Alan is coming down Friday night for the weekend. =)
Ohhhh, Friday, come now!