Anyway, so on to the things I have learned so far:
1) If you get a speeding ticket, fight for it. At court, ask the officer when they had their radar last calibrated. The court then has to see a copy of the records that show the dates the officer calibrated his/her radar. If it is not within 4 or 6 months (I forgot which they said) of issuing you your speeding ticket, then your ticket is dismissed.
2) You can easily claim someone else's child for your taxes in order that you don't have to pay as much come tax time - provided that the 'someone else' gives you permission.
3) If you have been in Europe for a good amount of time, you'll notice that they drive a lot faster than Americans. If you get your license there and drive there for a bit, you'll probably learn to drive faster than you usually would here. So, if you then come back to America and get a speeding ticket, you can possibly talk to the officer about '80 feeling like normal speed,' get a reduced fine and then obtain a 6-month adaptation thingy that will excuse you from further speeding tickets.
4) Sometimes, you're more drunk than you think and you'll only realize it after you've driven home drunk. (I greatly disapprove of this, by the way.)
----
These conversations make work a lot more interesting and only a little more bearable. The other great thing I've discovered is Audio Books, which keeps me blissfully occupied as I file away. I am halfway through 'Sense and Sensibility,' a book I've always meant to read, but never did out of my fear of Chick-Lits, even the classic ones!
I should blog about my lessons from Friday! That's for later. =)