Monday, May 11, 2009

Why do I still have things to do?

Though I have not done any traveling since I've been back in Ballymoney, I will continue to update, which will mostly be because I just don't want to do any work anymore.

Too bad for me, though, as I have two graduate school applications I absolutely must fill out and submit this week. I don't even know if it's worth it because I don't even know if I can afford to go in 2010. Still, I'd like to think that perhaps I can just defer for a semester if I am accepted.

And I am saying that as though I know I would be accepted, which is false. I have no idea of my chances of getting into these programs at all. I'll just have to ensure that I write an awesome personal statement.

It's really a shame when you put your pictures up on the computer and notice how much worse they look on a bigger screen than on your little 2.5" LCD camera one. They're no good to show anyone, and you can't simply go to that place again and take a good one. No retrys. What a harsh world.

Ah well. What can you do when you're always on a bus passing by the most scenic lochs and mountains and coasts? Not much, except try that high shutter speed and hope that there's not a lot of noise in the resulting pictures.

I resumed running the day after I came back from my trip with my parents. I think I'll take my first break today, since I'm afraid of hurting my leg constantly running on uneven pavement. Alan and I are trying to get a good routine going this week so that we can be pumped up for some running around Europe.

That's exciting, eh? I never thought that I'd be able to be up for doing that, running a little course in different countries. It's a cool thought, to be able to list out all the places in which I've done a little run.

The list so far:
1. On Victoria Blvd., Riverside, Cali.
2. On Boylston St. and a loop from Mass. Ave. to Cambridge and through BU and Kenmore Square, Boston, Mass.
3. A park in Hacienda Heights, Cali.
4. Cerritos Park East, Cerritos, Cali.
5. Ballymun Road, Griffith Ave., Swords Rd., Collins Ave., and Albert's College Park, Dublin, Ire.
6. The Thames, London, England, UK
7. Along Loch Ness, Drumnadrochit, Loch Ness, Inverness, Scotland, UK
8. The Trim Trail and along Kiltraughts Rd., Ballymoney, Northern Ireland, UK
9. LA Fitness gym in Glasgow, Scotland, UK (well, did rowing and cycling more like, and this doesn't REALLY count, but I still did something I suppose)

Apologies for the horrible organization of the list. I'm just too lazy to make it any clearer, really.

So, here's to more to add on the list in less than a week!